--- title: "Xiaomi will not bring new YU7 to China's largest auto show, exec says" description: "Xiaomi will not bring new YU7 to China's largest auto show, exec says" type: "news" locale: "en" url: "https://longbridge.com/en/news/236174894.md" published_at: "2025-04-16T07:27:28.000Z" --- # Xiaomi will not bring new YU7 to China's largest auto show, exec says SHANGHAI, April 16 (Reuters) - Xiaomi (1810.HK) does not plan to showcase its upcoming YU7 electric SUV at China’s largest auto show next week, deflating widespread anticipation among visitors keen to catch a glimpse of the would-be challenger to Tesla’s (TSLA.O) Model Y. Xiaomi’s Vice President Li Xiaoshuang said the company would only take its SU7 and SU7 Ultra vehicles to the Shanghai auto show on social media platform Weibo on Tuesday. Asked by users about the YU7 at the show, he said it would not be featured. “Don’t be anxious, when it arrives it will be in its best state,” Li wrote in one of the responses. Several industry bloggers have in the weeks leading up to the show published articles saying that the YU7 would be a highlight of the event, if it was shown. Xiaomi founder and CEO Lei Jun has previously said the plan was to officially launch the YU7 in June or July but has been regularly posting pictures of the SUV on his widely followed Weibo account, which has more than 26.5 million followers. Analysts have said they expect the YU7 to be the strongest competitor in the Chinese market for Tesla’s best-selling Model Y. Xiaomi began manufacturing EVs last year with the launch of the SU7 sedan after selling smartphones, household appliances and smart gadgets for most of its 15-year history. Since December, the SU7 sedan has outsold Tesla’s Model 3 on a monthly basis. The company was thrust into controversy last month after a fatal accident involving an SU7, which caught fire after hitting a roadside pole at a speed of 97 km/hr while its advance driving assistance system was switched on, killing the driver and two other passengers. The accident triggered wide discussions about EV safety in China and the country’s state media has since urged automakers not to overplay smart-driving capabilities. ### Related Stocks - [XIACY.US - Xiaomi Corporation](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/XIACY.US.md) - [01810.HK - XIAOMI-W](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/01810.HK.md) - [HXXD.SG - Xiaomi HK SDR 2to1](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/HXXD.SG.md) ## Related News & Research | Title | Description | URL | |-------|-------------|-----| | 特朗普阵营的坚定降息派动摇了?美联储理事米兰:劳动力市场改善可令今年少些降息 | 坚定降息派、特朗普亲信美联储理事米兰:美国劳动力市场的改善可以令今年少些降息。风险提示及免责条款 市场有风险,投资需谨慎。本文不构成个人投资建议,也未考虑到个别用户特殊的投资目标、财务状况或需要。用户应考虑本文中的任何意见、观点或结论是否符 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276386713.md) | | 宏盟集团|10-K:2025 财年营收 173 亿美元不及预期 | | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276492573.md) | | 谁在春晚开始前打广告 | 今年春晚广告中,酒类品牌依旧占据重要位置,古井贡酒、五粮液、汾酒等频繁出现,显示出其在市场中的强势地位。广告时段的竞争激烈,尤其是 20 点前的广告位,成为品牌争夺的焦点。与此同时,智能家居等新兴产品也逐渐被纳入广告阵列,反映出消费者对生活 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276085360.md) | | 期权热点|上周五 SILJ 大涨 5%,部分看涨期权飙升 103% | 美东时间 02 月 13 日, ETFMG 小市值银矿开采勘探 ETF -ETFMG 期权总成交 92131 张,看涨期权占比 89%,看跌期权占比 10%。 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276030246.md) | | 特朗普宣布 5500 亿日本投资正式启动,首批聚焦油气、发电、关键矿产 | 特朗普称关税促成大规模投资,三个 “大项目” 涉及得州油气战略、俄亥俄州发电和佐治亚州关键矿产领域;燃气发电厂将是 “史上最大”,墨西哥湾的 LNG 设施将推动出口并巩固美国的能源主导低地位,关键矿产设施将结束美国对外依赖。 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276173721.md) | --- > **Disclaimer**: This article is for reference only and does not constitute any investment advice.