--- title: "Elon Musk says he's getting back to business at X and Tesla: 'I must be super focused'" description: "Elon Musk says he's getting back to business at X and Tesla: 'I must be super focused'" type: "news" locale: "en" url: "https://longbridge.com/en/news/241721225.md" published_at: "2025-05-26T00:12:57.000Z" --- # Elon Musk says he's getting back to business at X and Tesla: 'I must be super focused' Elon Musk says he's pivoting away from government work to focus more on his companies.Chesnot/Getty Images - Elon Musk says he is returning his focus to X, Tesla, and his other companies. - Musk had earlier announced he would step back from his government work during a Tesla earnings call. - The tech giant has been at the center of Trump's effort to reduce government spending. Elon Musk had been the face of President Donald Trump's efforts to reduce the size of government. More recently, however, the billionaire has said he intends to return his focus to the companies that helped make him the world's richest man. "Back to spending 24/7 at work and sleeping in conference/server/factory rooms," Musk said in a post on his social media platform, X, on Saturday. The site had just grappled with widespread outages. "I must be super focused on 𝕏/xAI and Tesla (plus Starship launch next week), as we have critical technologies rolling out." The comment followed a similar statement Musk made last month during a Tesla earnings call. "I think I'll continue to spend a day or two per week on government matters for as long as the president would like me to do so, and for as long as it is useful, but starting next month, I'll be allocating far more of my time to Tesla, now that the major work of establishing the Department of Government Efficiency is done," he said at the time. Musk's foray into government has been marked by major disruptions in the federal workforce, leaving many workers on edge about their futures. Musk and the Trump administration also targeted entire agencies, like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the US Agency for International Development. Musk has been a near-omnipresent part of Trump's White House since January and has become a polarizing figure among the general public as a result. The tech titan's super PAC, for example, funneled millions of dollars in an unsuccessful effort to help elect the GOP-aligned candidate in a critical Wisconsin Supreme Court race. Many expect his political activism to carry over to the 2026 midterms. In a virtual appearance at the Qatar Economic Forum on Tuesday, however, Musk said he'd contribute "a lot less" in political donations moving forward, but didn't specify the reasoning behind the decision. "Well, if I see a reason to do political spending in the future, I will do it," Musk said at the time. "I do not currently see a reason." Musk's government work led to a backlash against Tesla, throttling share prices. Tesla's stock bounced back immediately after Musk said in the earnings call that he would step back from his work at the White House DOGE Office. Read the original article on Business Insider ### Related Stocks - [TSLA.US - Tesla](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/TSLA.US.md) ## Related News & Research | Title | Description | URL | |-------|-------------|-----| | 特斯拉首辆 Cybercab 下线:没有方向盘和踏板的汽车终于来了 | 特斯拉宣布,首辆赛博无人驾驶电动车 Tesla Cybercab 在美国得州超级工厂正式下线。风险提示及免责条款 市场有风险,投资需谨慎。本文不构成个人投资建议,也未考虑到个别用户特殊的投资目标、财务状况或需要。用户应考虑本文中的任何意见、 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276188665.md) | | 板岩的定价将在六月公布,“空白板岩” 卡车的价格仍预计在两万美元中段范围内 | Slate Auto,一家电动车初创公司,将在六月公布其 “Blank Slate” 电动皮卡的定价。该车型预计将成为最实惠的电动车之一,初始目标定价低于 20,000 美元,尽管最近的联邦激励措施变化可能会影响这一点。这款卡车具有可定制的 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276367534.md) | | 特朗普暗示违法征收的关税不退了,美财长称今年关税收入将 “基本保持不变” | 美国总统特朗普暗示不会退还被最高法院裁定违法的关税,预计 2026 年关税收入将保持不变。特朗普计划签署行政令,对全球商品加征 10% 进口关税,取代被推翻的关税。财长贝森特表示,政府将利用替代法律权力维持关税收入,强调国家安全和财政收入不 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276494362.md) | | 美财政部让步,拟修订主权财富基金税收提案,此前遭私募业警告 | 美国财政部正就一项针对主权财富基金和公共养老基金征税方式进行全面改革的提案作出让步。相关提案此前由美国国税局提出,拟更新税法第 892 条,将这些基金持有的多数美国债务投资归为商业活动,这将令其面临被征税的风险。此前,私募信贷和私募股权公司 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276491732.md) | | 传言成真?英伟达对 OpenAI 的 “1000 亿美元投资” 最终 “打了三折” | 据报道,英伟达正接近敲定对 OpenAI 最高 300 亿美元的股权投资,取代此前官宣的 1000 亿美元合作框架。原有协议因条款分歧与内部疑虑未能落地,黄仁勋亦曾强调其不具约束力。此次新融资轮规模或超 1000 亿美元,OpenAI 估值 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/276507066.md) | --- > **Disclaimer**: This article is for reference only and does not constitute any investment advice.