--- title: "Kuwait draws strong demand for three-part US dollar bond sale" description: "Kuwait successfully attracted strong demand for its three-part U.S. dollar bond sale, marking its first sovereign issue since 2017. The offering saw orderbooks exceeding $20 billion, reflecting height" type: "news" locale: "en" url: "https://longbridge.com/en/news/259538967.md" published_at: "2025-09-30T12:41:43.000Z" --- # Kuwait draws strong demand for three-part US dollar bond sale > Kuwait successfully attracted strong demand for its three-part U.S. dollar bond sale, marking its first sovereign issue since 2017. The offering saw orderbooks exceeding $20 billion, reflecting heightened interest among fixed-income investors despite concerns over governance and oil dependence. Kuwait's new debt law, passed in March, allows for diversification of funding sources and supports economic reforms. Initial pricing for the bonds was set at 70 bps over U.S. Treasuries for the 3-year portion, with Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMorgan, and Mizuho as lead managers. (Recasts lead, adds detail, comment and context from paragraph 2) By Rachna Uppal ABU DHABI, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Kuwait, a top oil producer, attracted substantial demand for its three-part bond offering on Tuesday, indicating strong investor appetite for the state’s first sovereign U.S. dollar issue since 2017. Orderbooks for the 3-year, 5-year and 10-year maturities were over $20 billion at around 1000 GMT, fixed-income news service IFR reported, and remained open. “There has been significantly more interest in Kuwait amongst fixed-income investors this year,” said Justin Alexander, director at Khalij Economics and Gulf analyst at GlobalSource Partners. “There are plenty of concerns about Kuwait’s governance, public finances, oil dependence and limited non-oil economy. Despite this, investors are reassured by the fact that Kuwait has so little outstanding debt,” Alexander said. Kuwait also has estimated sovereign wealth assets of over $1 trillion. It passed a new debt law in March after the previous one expired years ago, allowing the country to tap debt markets to diversify funding sources and support the state’s economic diversification agenda and reduce reliance on oil revenue. Reforms - like the public debt law - had been gridlocked for years over persistent clashes between appointed governments and Kuwait’s directly elected parliament. Kuwait’s emir temporarily dissolved parliament last year for up to four years, paving the way for the government to implement structural reforms . Early price indications for the sovereign bond’s 3-year portion were at 70 basis points over U.S. Treasuries, and at 75 bps over the same benchmark for the five-year tranche, while the 10-year part carried an initial price guidance of 85 bps. Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMorgan and Mizuho are acting as joint global coordinators, lead managers and bookrunners for the issue. ($1 = 0.3056 Kuwaiti dinars) ### Related Stocks - [JPM.US - JPMorgan Chase](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/JPM.US.md) - [GS.US - Goldman Sachs](https://longbridge.com/en/quote/GS.US.md) ## Related News & Research | Title | Description | URL | |-------|-------------|-----| | 春节交易大红包,除了 AI,还有消费、人民币…… | 在 2026 年春节前,中国消费市场释放积极信号,人民币升破 6.9 关口。摩根大通和美银的调查显示,消费结构性回暖、人民币强势及上游成本变化影响市场。39% 受访者每周多次使用 AI 工具,主要用于购物和行程规划。居民消费心态趋于务实,高 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/275730789.md) | | 美股脆弱之际,今晚 CPI 恐现 “鹰派意外” | 华尔街普遍预期核心 CPI 环比将从 0.2% 升至 0.3%,同时多家投行警告实际读数可能更高,基于年初价格压力和残余季节性因素,摩根大通预计核心 CPI 环比将上涨 0.4%,“鹰派意外” 的概率大于 “温和意外”。在弱于预期的零售销售 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/275858009.md) | | 高盛推出 “抗 AI 冲击” 主题投资组合:做多算力与安全,做空可被替代的软件股 | 高盛推出一项新的软件股多空组合,做多那些业务难以被人工智能取代、或直接受益于 AI 需求增长的公司,同时做空可能被自动化或被企业内部替代的软件企业。此前随着 Anthropic 等公司推出面向法务和税务的 AI 工具,引发相关软件股大幅下跌 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/275943203.md) | | 从高盛到黑石,华尔街巨头都来站台:软件不会垮 | 高盛、黑石、Apollo 和 KKR 的高管一致认为,市场对 AI 将导致软件行业消亡的担忧被严重夸大了。尽管承认 AI 将带来 “剧烈的技术周期” 和颠覆,但机构认为大型、根基深厚的软件公司将受到保护,甚至成为受益者。同时,各家机构也澄清 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/275675255.md) | | DPH 确认南卡罗来纳州新增十一例因冬季风暴导致的死亡病例 | 南卡罗来纳州公共卫生部:确认南卡罗来纳州因冬季风暴导致的额外十一例死亡,累计总数达到十七例 | [Link](https://longbridge.com/en/news/275942316.md) | --- > **Disclaimer**: This article is for reference only and does not constitute any investment advice.