I would rather wait for tonight’s CPI results before making any major moves. With several Fed officials signalling that another rate hike may be necessary, inflation remains a key risk for the market. I prefer to keep some cash available instead of chasing prices, especially when volatility could increase quickly.
For S-REITs, I see the recent weakness as a potential opportunity, but I would not rush to buy just because prices have fallen. Higher interest rates mean higher refinancing costs and potentially lower distributions, so I would focus on REITs with strong balance sheets, manageable debt maturities, and sustainable distributions. I would rather accumulate gradually on further weakness than commit too much capital at once.
For Singapore banks, I am still watching their earnings outlook and price action after the recent correction. MAS holding steady provides some stability, but it does not eliminate market risks. My approach remains the same: stay diversified, buy quality at reasonable valuations, and keep enough cash to take advantage of better opportunities. Consistency and patience matter more to me than trying to predict every market move.
The copyright of this article belongs to the original author/organization.
The views expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not reflect the stance of the platform. The content is intended for investment reference purposes only and shall not be considered as investment advice. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the content services provided by the platform.



