---
title: "Iran attacks third UAE tanker within a week"
type: "News"
locale: "en"
url: "https://longbridge.com/en/news/296006282.md"
description: "The UAE accused Iran of attacking a third ADNOC tanker in the Strait of Hormuz within a week, causing minor damage but no injuries. The UAE condemned the incident as a violation of UN resolutions and vowed to defend its navigation rights while prioritizing diplomatic solutions. Shipping has declined amid tensions between Iran and the U.S., with Iran threatening closure until war conditions are met."
datetime: "2026-08-15T18:49:05.000Z"
locales:
  - [zh-CN](https://longbridge.com/zh-CN/news/296006282.md)
  - [en](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296006282.md)
  - [zh-HK](https://longbridge.com/zh-HK/news/296006282.md)
---

# Iran attacks third UAE tanker within a week

The United Arab Emirates accused Iran on Saturday of attacking another vessel belonging to its state oil company while it transited through the Strait of Hormuz on Friday, the third such incident in less than a week.

The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) vessel was struck Friday while traveling through the strait, Reuters reported, citing state media WAM. No injuries were reported and the situation was under control, the company said.

The UAE Foreign Ministry condemned the attack, and called on Iran to stop the attacks and to fully reopen the strait, where roughly 20 percent of the world’s oil supply once flowed through before the start of the war on Feb. 28, 2026.

“This attack constitutes a flagrant violation of UN Security Council resolution 2817, which affirmed the importance of freedom of navigation, and rejected the targeting of commercial vessels or the obstruction of international maritime routes,” the ministry said in a statement.

The incident came a day after the UAE blamed Iran for attacks on two other ADNOC tankers traveling through the strait. Those attacks caused minor damage but no injuries.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have previously threatened to target ships traveling through the strait if they are tied to Tehran’s adversaries or do not follow Iranian orders.

Anwar Gargash, a diplomatic adviser to UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, said Saturday that the country would defend its interests following the repeated attacks.

“Repeated targeting of ADNOC company tankers will not deter the United Arab Emirates from moving forward with a balanced and rational policy,” he wrote in a statement posted on the social platform X, translated from Arabic to English by the AI tool Grok.

“We will safeguard our rights to freedom of navigation and the use of the Strait of Hormuz in accordance with international law, and we will defend our sovereignty and interests, while continuing the path of dialogue and prioritizing diplomatic options.”

Shipping through the strait has fallen significantly during the conflict as Iran and the U.S. make competing claims over control of the crucial waterway.

Iran has insisted the strait will remain closed until the U.S. meets its conditions for ending the war, while the Trump administration has said it can maintain its naval blockade of Iran indefinitely.

## Related News & Research

- [Yields on 20-year Treasuries hold declines after auction](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296385581.md)
- [3 Low-Cost ETFs For Investors Seeking to Check Out Walmart Ahead of Q2 Earnings – GXPS, FSTA,TRUO.](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296381462.md)
- [Interactive Brokers Is Holding $930 Billion of Customer Money. Here's What That Earns at Today's Rates.](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296319893.md)
- [Why Are Nebius Shares Trading Lower On Wednesday?](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296383504.md)
- [PPS&V Asset Management Consultants Inc. Has $7.63 Million Position in Apple Inc. $AAPL](https://longbridge.com/en/news/296327659.md)